Regional adaptation in DTT networks is a critical differentiator for network operators. The CP330 T2-Bridge offers the ideal toolbox for regional adaptation in DVB-T and DVB-T2 Single Frequency Networks (SFN).
The CP330 offers a flexible and highly cost effective solution for regional adaptation at DVB-T and DVB-T2 transmitter sites. By using Nevion’s deterministic processing technology CP330 supports two operational modes for feeding of transmitters in multiple SFN regions. The input signal feeding CP330 can be regional multi-stream feed or a transport stream as used for Direct to Home (DTH) satellite system.
CP330 supports multiple modes of operation:
- Nevion deterministic adaptation based on Multiple Physical Layer Pipe (M-PLP) technology and enables the insertion of local content by adapting an incoming national T2-MI feed and a deterministic regional Transport Stream (TS) feed.
- Nevion deterministic re-multiplexing uses a deterministic Transport Stream processing to insert local content and generate a standard compliant T2-MI at the transmitter site. Several CP330 T2-Bridges located at multiple transmitter sites in the same region will broadcast in SFN mode.
- Allows operators to use spectrum efficient SFN networks
- Enables the cost efficient reuse of DTH signals
- Offers operators maximum flexibility in the design of their distribution network
- Robust, flexible regional and local content insertion
- Regional adaptation in DVB-T SFN networks where generating identical transmitter feeds is crucial
- Regional adaptation in DVB-T2 networks using DTH broadcast signals (Deterministic re-multiplexing)
- Regional adaptation in DVB-T2 networks by deterministic insertion of local content into a T2-Mi stream
- Deterministic re-multiplexing for DVB-T and DVB-T2
- Deterministic adaptation for DVB-T2
- Service Information processing
- Emergency Warning System (EWS) support
- Input stream monitoring
- ASI and IP input/output interfaces
- ASI pass-through i/o board
- Input redundancy with alarm based switching
- User-friendly configuration and control
- Compact, cost-effective solutions with 2 units in 1RU